Ok so not extreme home make over but some home make over. As most of you know I didn't absolutely love Kimball's red couch for a lot of reasons. 1 it was bright red! 2. it was a solid color with no pattern of dimension. 3. it was not the most comfortable couch in the world. LOVE YOU HUNNY!!! It is a cool couch but I/ We needed something more "homey" and comfortable a couch that makes you want to sit down for a while... so we got a new one and I love it!
With the new couch I wanted to do some fun quickie things to the house to add color and some fun personality. So I bought an entertainment center off ksl and added paint, new knobs and scrap paper and now i think it's perfect:) If I can say so myself.
A little paint

A little scrap paper
And the finished product :)
Then i wanted to add a little color to the main part of our kitchen its bright but i think it adds some personality :) thank you pintrest for the idea!

Now I needed to add color and personality to the other part of the kitchen so I colored all the chairs a different color. Sounds weird I know but I think it turned out cute what do you think?

This is what they looked like before

This is all 4 different colors look familiar? Yea they are my wedding colors i guess i really like them together:)
And the finished result all around the table!
Then of course the bar stools couldn't be ignored or stay sage green so I recovered them

Then I hate the out side of our house super boring and old looking so just for a quick fix of course I painted the front door what color? Yep blue i think its fun and bright adds a smile to our house

It's a never ending project but I'm sure having fun with it :) And the best part about this all is besides the couch (that doesn't count :) I did this all for a $120.00 bucks! That makes it all worth it!









3 comments:
Cute!!!
omgosh I 'm so in love with all these things you made!!! How in the world did you do the top of the TV stand? I can't figure out how to do it and not rub off the paint when the TV is on it. Did you do a special top-coat? Tutorials… TUTORIALS!!!
Also- we are going private with our blog… do you want me to put you on the "safe" list? kimball never responded (typical K) so I wasn't going to include his email address (like he would check it anyway!)
anyway- LOVE looking at all the pics- you need to post more!!!
Ang
It looks great, i love the chairs i have some bland bar stools and you gave me a great idea:)
Post a Comment