I can not believe that the season is almost over. AT times i thought this day would never come :) as I'm sure you can all imagine coaching 18 teenage girls can be very entertaining, dramatic, stressful, hard, emotional, catty, (anymore words i could use? ) but though that all it has been SO REWARDING! The early mornings, late nights, 12 hour practices, all day competitions, long bus rides, stressful moments and everything else you can think of i can say that it has all been worth it. I'm so proud of these girls! Each one of them has taught me something that i will take with me the rest of my life. IT has been such a joy to be apart of their lives and they have brought something back to me that i thought i had lost forever and that is DANCING! It is who I am and I love being able to have it apart of my life again. This is my favorite quote about dancing. " I don't dance because I want to, I dance because I have to...You won't understand me until you understand dancing. When I'm dancing my very soul is consumed into the music and I forget everything and everyone around me. I know no greater joy than dancing. Dancing taught me to smile, dancing taught me to cry, dancing teaches me what I need to get by in life, and dancing showed me what life is really all about... Dancing isn't about who's best, who has the most technique or who has been doing it the longest...Its about who can dance outside of themselves, with their heart taking over their head, feeling every movement with their insides, telling the audience "This is who I am, and you are seeing me at my most vulnerable point, you are getting a firsthand look at my raw spirit" I wouldn't care if there was ever an audience, I dance because it's where I find myself. " So girls go out there tomorrow and dance like you've never danced before! I'm so proud to say I'm your coach! Love you all. Blood, Sweat, Tears, DREAM!!!
1 comment:
Good Job, Rylee!
Post a Comment